Feeling unmotivated? Let's do something about it!!
1) GET YOUR BODY MOVING! - Yes, it’s true, when you exercise your body releases endorphins. Those are the little feel good chemicals that we all love. How great is it that you can easily access them, and with amazing benefit to your mind and body?!?! Even if you just go for a stroll, this can have excellent benefits on your general well-being by giving you a little break from life to take a look around, and perhaps…smell the roses.
2) FIND A WORKOUT BUDDY - Doing anything with someone you like always makes it more enjoyable. If you're not super fired up about getting in some exercise, find a friend or family member who you love to be around and ask them to be your workout buddy. This helps in a couple ways, not only does it make working out more fun, but you have someone to help keep you accountable on those days when you don't want to get out of bed. If you have to be at the park at 6am to go running, you're far more likely to do so if you promised your friend you would be there.
3) MIX IN SOMETHING NEW - Get out of your exercise rut. If you go to the gym everyday, and do exactly the same thing everyday, its going to get boring real fast. Not to mention, your results will stall. Try to mix it up with a new class, or an outdoor bootcamp. Take a yoga class, kung fu, or even a trapeze class! Who knows, you may find a passion for a new sport. In terms of nutrition, find some clean recipes that sound good to you, or look for new and interesting ingredients you’d like to try. At the very least, give your mind and body some variety, which is good for your progress and your long term goals!
4) SET A GOAL - Find what you love and then choose a goal within that. If you love to run, sign up for a 5K or a half marathon, if you're a Cross Fit nut, schedule yourself for a Mud Run or other obstacle style race. Having a realistic, set goal, can motivate you to raise your game and re-commit to your fitness and nutrition plan.
5) REWARD YOURSELF - If you make it through the week adhering to your fitness and nutrition plan (with maybe just 1 or 2 slips ;) reward yourself. And by this I don't mean eating a box of Krispy Kremes! I mean, get a massage, take a luxuriating bath, or buy yourself those new training shoes you’ve been eyeing. You could take your special someone out for a nice dinner, or plan that summer vacation you are working on your beach body for. It can be anything that gives you a payoff, and a chance to be proud of all your hard work and dedication.
Being consistent with your fitness and nutrition is not easy. These are 5 things you can do to stay on track and get REAL FIT!
Leave a Reply.