I've had a lot of requests for this recipe ever since I posted the photo, so here you go! It's a pretty simple recipe with fantastic results. This was my first time cooking a Moroccan spiced anything, so I was super pleased with how yummy it turned out. And the slaw has an interesting mix of sweet and sour which is really good. Just so you know, this recipe will yield more slaw than you need for the tacos because I wanted some to eat on the side, and for those who do not eat tortillas. With the extra amount of slaw, it makes for the easy option of having a 'taco salad' instead of tacos with tortillas. Versatile and tasty!
Moroccan Spiced Tacos with Sweet Slaw
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
1 lb. organic ground turkey
1 head napa cabbage, chopped
1/2 head of red cabbage, chopped
2 c. bibb lettuce, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 c. cilantro chopped, plus extra to sprinkle on tacos
3 green onions, sliced
1. Put chopped cabbages and lettuce in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic vin and 2 teaspoons honey.
3. Stir dressing into cabbage mix and toss.
4. Add cilantro and toss until even distributed. Set aside.
1.In a medium-sized bowl, whisk 1 Tablespoon of oil, lemon juice, the spices and salt together.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil.
3. Cook turkey meat until its almost done.
4. Add the spice/lemon mixture and stir until even coated.
5. Cook until meat is done. Set aside.
6. Build your tacos! Add your slaw to a corn tortilla, next the taco meat. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro. Drizzle tahini on top. Enjoy!